At the time of writing Exploding Brass is about 4 weeks away so we will have a full report next month! All I can say now is a big thanks to everyone who worked so hard in pulling together this year’s event which in many ways has been the hardest ever since 1995 in balancing a quality production with the tough economic climate we are in at present.
A big thanks to the Taverham Band, many of whom attended 4 hrs of rehearsal per week for 2 months leading up to the concert.
A reminder to get your advance tickets as they will cost more on the gate!!………….
Exploding Brass! with the ‘Last Night of the Proms!’
Saturday 20th July 2013 – Taverham Hall
Gates open 4.30pm – Entertainment from 6pm
Tickets now on sale…www.explodingbrass.co.uk or 01603 850516
- Taverham Band, The He Hews!, Benjamin Lake – Tenor (BBC1 ‘The Voice’)
- Rebecca Mundy – Soprano, Sam Kelly (Britain’s Got Talent Finalist 2012!)
- Fantastic Firework Display! by Kimbolton Fireworks (2012 Olympic Games and London/Edinburgh New Year celebrations)
Tickets are still available priced at £20 adults and £10 for 5-16 year olds. Under 5’s are free.
Also on sale at:
- Abbotts Estate Agents (Taverham)
- The Sweet Bucket (Taverham Nursery),
- Skyplane Travel (The Bull, Hellesdon)
- Drayton Post Office
Tickets on the gate will by £25 and £12 respectively subject to availability.
Ticket price includes free programme and car parking.
Bring a picnic or visit the BBQ and Beer Tent!
We will also will perform at the Sandringham Flower Show on 31st July and again a report will feature next month.
In the meantime the Band is still busy in August before our 2 week break at the end of the month. Forthcoming performances are:
- Sunday 4th August – Gorleston Bandstand 2pm
- Sunday 11th August – Eaton Park – 3pm
- Saturday 28th September – Thetford Carnegie Hall – 7.30pm
- Saturday 12th October – Frettenham Village Hall – 7.30pm
- Friday 18th October/Saturday 19th October – Taverham Village Hall – 7.30pm (Tickets on sale now)
- Saturday 26th October – Open Academy, Salhouse Road – 7.30pm
- Thursday 31st October – Norwich Beer Festival , St. Andrew’s Hall – 8pm
- Saturday 16th November – St Georges Theatre, Great Yarmouth – 7.30pm
Have a good summer!
Ian Colman – Musical Director