Personal Data (GDPR) and Cookies
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (our ‘Site’) and those of the service companies providing 3rd party services (who are subject to their own policies as provided on their websites)
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our Site and the resources that you access.
- Your name and eMail contact details within our online “opt in” mailing list which also carries the option, within every email sent, to “opt out” or “unsubscribe”.
- Your Name, eMail, mailing address and telephone contact details as necessary for online processing of tickets or merchandise purchased using services available on our website
How will we use your information?
To process your order, manage your account, personalise your use of the website and to send offers and updates regarding our events, news and merchandise (should you agree).
Your information will not be shared with any other organisation.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Site to operate.
The cookies used on our site are classified as ‘performance cookies’ (ie not advertising cookies).
To find out more about cookies and Google Analytics visit their website here.
Controlling cookies on your computer
This can be achieved by using your browser settings to selectivly allow or restrict either all cookies, or by individual website. Internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc. all vary in the way in which this is activated but the ‘help’ function within your browser should tell you how to do this.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our hosting company
Our website is hosted by wordpress.com, an Automattic company.
Our Online Ticketing Service
This is provided by eventbrite.co.uk
Our “Opt In” eMail list
This is provided by mailchimp.com. A simple and permanent one-click unsubscribe function is available in every email sent.
Other Online Payments
Payments for donations and Friends of Taverham Band membership are handled by paypal.co.uk
You must be logged in to post a comment.